If you want to generate more leads and get the most out of your content marketing efforts, we will teach you how!
Building a relationship with your customers is the foundation of a robust lead generation strategy. To begin the nurturing process, you must introduce yourself most compellingly to attract new visitors to your website. Content marketing is one of those tactics that help you attain this goal most effectively.
Content marketing generates three times more leads than other traditional marketing techniques. 91% of B2B marketers employ this tool in their marketing strategy because they realize the power of content marketing in expanding their customer base. This inbound marketing tactic is undeniably one of the most effective.
However, crafting content and generating leads with content marketing is different. You can lose many potential customers if you fail to offer value through your content. So, creating solid content is essential to the lead generation process. The content you offer your prospects can grab their attention or push them away forever.
To help you generate maximum leads through content marketing, we have rounded up the best and lesser-known tips and must-follow steps in this post. Learn them and streamline your marketing process. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 7-Step Guide To Creating Content That Generates Leads And Increases Conversion Rate
- The Bottom Line
- About The Author
7-Step Guide To Creating Content That Generates Leads And Increases Conversion Rate
The way you create content can both attract or repel your customers. For instance, businesses that are selling roofing leads in their region have to produce content that appeals to people in the target market.
This content is irrelevant for contractors not interested in buying roofing leads. Without relevancy in the content, you will not have any audience. No audience means no leads and no sales, of course. Therefore, how you craft content is important in the lead-generation process.
The following are the vital steps that guide you in creating authoritative content that appeals to your audience and helps you generate maximum leads.
1. Detailed Research on Customer Avatar
The very first step is to create content that attracts your target audience. Before finalizing content, you need to have a thorough understanding of your customer. The best way to do this is to create an ideal customer avatar or persona. A customer avatar is a fictional character with a detailed profile of your customer in the target market.
Creating an avatar helps you craft content that appeals to a specific group. To create a customer avatar, you need to jot down vital information like:
- Personal info: Name, age, income, gender, profession, location, etc.
- Goals: What are your customer goals? What do they care about, or what do they hope or dream?
- Challenges: What your target customer is struggling with?
- Favorite pastimes: What do they like reading–blogs, magazines, or books? Which TV show do they like watching the most?
- Authority: What role do they play when purchasing a product? Do they ask someone else before coming to a final decision?
- Disapproval: What are the points of objection when they purchase a product?
All these points will help you understand your target audience and create an avatar for each to gain maximum customers. Please note you should avoid producing content that tries to attract every individual because it would not appeal to anyone.
2. Choose the Right Type of Content
Many types of content exist today. However, only fewer help you with lead generation. To generate maximum leads from content marketing, you need to focus on the type of content that will help you attain the very goal. It should be traffic-generating as well as lead-generating content.
Traffic-generating content includes blog posts, social media posts, infographics, videos, photos, eBooks, and podcasts. Once you choose the type of traffic-generating content for publishing, you will then select the right type of lead-generating content.
Lead-generating content is about acquiring your site visitors’ email addresses and other contact information. As people don’t provide their email addresses to anybody like that, you must offer an incentive in exchange. You can offer your prospects free incentives like eBooks, reports, discounts & coupons, quizzes, free trials, webinars, or other useful resources.
3. Select the Content Distribution Channel
Now you have the right customer avatar and know the type of content you will craft for your audience. You will now choose an appropriate distribution channel to share your content with your target audience. You can choose either organic distribution channels or paid distribution channels.
An organic distribution channel promotes your offerings without spending a penny. This includes posting on Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. However, it takes time ranging from a couple of weeks to some months. At the same time, paid distribution channels include social media ads, google adwords, banner ads, etc. You need to spend money on these ads. This is the quickest way to increase the traffic on your site.
4. Carve Out Content Strategy
Once you have decided on the type of content distribution channel to promote your offerings, now it is time to plan a strong content strategy. A good content strategy includes
- The frequency of publishing the post, including by who and how.
- How many posts will you publish in a week?
- Which day will you offer free live webinars?
- How and which social media platforms you are choosing to promote your content?
- Who are the team members responsible for creating the content?
- Which team is going to promote your content across all social media channels?
You can also generate a content calendar to plan the blog posts and keep track of things in a more organized manner.
5. Create Lead Magnet
Once you have the content plan ready, creating a lead magnet is the next most important thing. A lead magnet is a special deal, discount, resource, or free asset offered to your site visitors and prospects in exchange for their email address or other contact information. It is a non-negotiable aspect of content marketing. But if you want to gain maximum leads, you have to create the best lead magnet.
The following are the features of a good lead magnet:
- Problem-solving: Your lead magnet should solve your customer avatar problem or offer something they want.
- Promise easy win: Your lead magnet should offer a win to your customer.
- Exclusive: Your lead magnet should not offer something very general. It should be exclusive because it increases the chances of conversion.
- Quick: People don’t like waiting, so your lead magnet should be delivered quickly. Lengthy reports and eBooks take more time to get downloaded, I prefer offering them in PDF forms as it converts quickly.
- Value: Your lead magnet should have a high value. Only then will more people signup for it.
- Accessible: People love rapidity, cater to this need. Your lead magnet should be quickly accessible.
- Expertise: Your lead magnet should demonstrate your expertise in the related field. It builds trust and helps you with conversions.
6. Create High-quality Blog Posts
When we talk about content marketing, the content you offer to your prospects should be top-notch, and this aspect is non-negotiable. Once you have created lead magnets, it is the right time to write engaging, informative, and high-converting posts to attract more audience to your website. Once you gain their attention, you can offer your lead magnets and generate more leads.
The following are the features of high-quality and authoritative blog posts:
- Enticing headline.
- Useful, relevant, and educational information.
- Long form/ in-depth content.
- Appealing visuals.
- Correct keywords.
- External linking to high-quality sources.
- Internal linking to related posts on your website.
7. Optimize Blogs For Generating Leads
To capture a maximum number of leads, you need to optimize your blogs and other types of content for conversions. If posting blogs, you must strategically place the CTAs (call to action) in your content. You have to end the video content with a compelling CTA and use appealing thumbnails. You should align your CTAs well with your content. Include something that your customers will be likely to be interested in.
Another way to optimize content is to offer gated content like whitepapers, articles, or videos that can be accessed after filling out the form. This not only optimizes your posts but also helps you generate more leads.
The Bottom Line
Robust content marketing is key to generating leads for your business. High-quality and authoritative content attracts an ample audience and increases your website traffic to a great level. Once you have an audience, you can easily generate leads. You can market your offerings and convert them into your paying customers.
With the right content marketing, you can successfully generate leads for your business. All the aforementioned steps will help guide you and help you get the most out of your content marketing efforts.
Start following them and watch how quickly your conversion rate multiplies!